December 27, 2006

Kitchen Table Math, the sequel

I'm parachuting into Ken's blog to say Hi and to fill people in on Kitchen Table Math.

The site has been on its last legs for awhile now.

It finally collapsed a few weeks back. It's still readable, but no one can edit or comment, including me. Carolyn thinks the password file is corrupted.

It's time to launch Kitchen Table Math, The Sequel.

I've been thinking: this time around I'd like to start a group blog. Carolyn thinks it's a good idea.

In a group blog ktm regulars would be invited to join; you could put up posts on the front page whenever you liked.

As new readers came along we could, and no doubt would, invite them to join, too.

People could post as much or as little as they liked; a person could join and post nothing at all. Everyone can carry on commenting on posts in the normal fashion, too.

What do you think?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the idea is very workable, and would probably be a little more intuitive to read.

I just hope you hurry up and get your blog up again, it was one of my daily reads.

Anonymous said...

oh gosh!

thanks!

Do you want an invitation!?

Catherine Johnson said...

yeah...I think I'll just go ahead and put it up.

BUT FIRST!

I think I'm going to take a sample SAT math test today.

I probably shouldn't have said that....

KathyIggy said...

Catherine-I think it's a great idea; I've been missing my daily KTM fix too!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good idea.

And I miss KTM, too !

-Mark Roulo

Silly Old Mom said...

Yes! Yes! Make it so! I'm twitching over here, going through withdrawal!

Anonymous said...

I have been checking KTM daily. I miss all the discussion. Let us know where to find it.

Thanks
Nicksmama

Anonymous said...

I miss it too. How else can I tell what the other side is up to?

Skip Fennell
President, NCTM

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that for months, I haven't been able to get KTM to load in my browser, and I've missed it. This is good news.

Anonymous said...

I've been having trouble getting KTM to load too. Please let me know when you're up and running again.

-- Joanne Jacobs

Catherine Johnson said...

Skip Fennell?

THE Skip Fennell?

Howdy!

+++++

No one can load ktm.

Including me.

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be Ken disguising himself as Skip Fennell.

SusanS

Catherine Johnson said...

Skip?

Catherine Johnson said...

Are you there, Skip?

Anonymous said...

Catherine--I miss KTM, too! Hope you are up and running soon.

--PaulaV

Catherine Johnson said...

hey - didn't Blogger used to have an "email me" thing people put on their blogs??

Anonymous said...

Knowing what to look for when looking for kitchen is most confusing. We've designed this site so you can get all your answers here.