September 28, 2007

Bleg

I have a bleg from Tangoman:

Maybe you can help me find a particular post that appeared on an education blog a year or so ago. The post described the experience of an elementary teacher who had a young, special needs, girl placed into her class and the teacher described the nightmare that ensued over the course of the school year. Does that account ring a bell with you? I have absolutely no clue where I read that account and I want to find it again.


It rings a bell with me, but, like Tangoman, I can't seem to locate the post. If anyone has any better information, let me know in the comments. Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Brett Pawlowski said...

Are you sure it wasn't the Wall Street Journal? They ran a couple of page 1 articles on special education recently, including "When Discipline Starts a Fight" on July 9 and "Schools Beat Back Demands
For Special-Ed Services" on July 24.

Both of those are still in the archives for paid subscribers, but will soon roll over into their paid article archives - if you want 'em, better get them now. :-)

TangoMan said...

This was on an education blog. The teacher was recounting the behavioral issues that a little girl presented. She moved the girl to the front of the class. Over the course of the year the teacher's frustration increased. The teacher was provided no support.