Joanne Jacobs tagged me to write seven random things about myself, so here goes:
1. I am severely allergic to cats. I can tell, and by tell I mean sneeze uncontrollably, if you own a cat by the clothes you wear, especially if you are fond of sweaters. I can also tell if there was once a cat living in your house, especially if your house has wall to wall carpeting, even if that cat died or moved away many years ago.
2. I was once hit and partially run over by a car (which ran a stop light, thank you very much) and managed to walk away from the accident with only scratch (more like a raspberry on my knee), even though I was thrown about fifteen feet. And, it is true what they say about your life flashing before your eyes.
3. I've been online for about fifteen years now. When I started (with CompuServe) it cost $22 an hour to get online. That didn't last too long, soon it dropped to $11 an hour.
4. During this time, I once bought a state-of-the-art 500 MB hard drive, which I thought would be impossible to fill-up, for the princely sum of $400. I thought that was quite the bargain at the time.
5. I am the proud owner of 441 board games, mostly coming from Germany.
6. I'm at least partially responsible for the issuance of over 400 U.S. Patents, including this gem. It's a toothpick dispenser.
7. I used to read Joanne Jacobs blog back when it was called ReadJacobs, in fact that's what my bookmark still reads. Back then that was pretty much the only game in town when it came to education blogs worth reading.
Only took me a month to get around to this. Better late than never I always say.