May 9, 2006

Article at Edspresso by Yours Truly

An article I wrote on the train on my way to work one day appears at Edspresso today.

The article is about the harsh reality many college students, in this case engineering students, discover once they've entered college and realize they haven't been adequately prepared for the rigors of college. Now it's too late to do anything about it.

I eventually cleaned up the article and added a bunch of links to all the good cog sci research that proves the points I was trying to make. If you take the opportunity to read all the articles that I linked (and this one too which ccame out in the interim) you should have a much better understanding of why our existing education system doesn't work and performs so poorly.

The article originally appeared at Kitchen Table Math, so if you like what you're reading I'd suggest tearing through the KTM archives--there's a lot of good stuff there on the nuts and bolts of education.

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's beautiful!

So glad to have "The Terminator" in this terrific new form - I can start sending it out all over again!